Easy roast beef
- 1 (1 to 1.25kg) joint of beef (boned and rolled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Getting it done:
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Place prepared joint in roasting tin, and season with salt, garlic granules and pepper. Add more or less seasoning to taste.
- Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per 450g). Remove from oven, cover loosely with aluminium foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
For roasting, good joints come from the back, ribs, fillet or sirloin.